All Things Recruiting & Employment
| Free Resume Builder
| Recruiting News
| Outplacement Services
| NYC jobs
| Audio jobs
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Dallas Tech Jobs in Avionics
If you're interested in working with aircraft you may want to consider the Dallas tech jobs (Click here
) available for avionics technicians.
Avionics technicians are responsible for repairing and maintaining the many systems that control flight, engine, and other primary functions. They may work on aircraft navigation, radio communications, weather radar systems, and other instruments and computers.
Most employees who work on aircraft learn what they need to know by attending an Aviation Maintenance Technician School certified by the Federal Aviation Administration
, although some can learn skills through on-the-job training. Anyone who works on civilian aircraft also must become certified by the FAA
However, avionics technicians can forgo FAA certification if they have experience from the military or working for an avionics manufacturer. Those who work on communications must obtain a restricted radio-telephone operator license from the Federal Communications Commission
You also may have to undergo a Texas records check. Visit http://www.easybackgroundchecks.com/tx-texas-background-check.htm
to learn more.
There were about 140,300 aircraft and avionics equipment mechanics and service technicians throughout the nation during 2008, with about 87 percent of those positions belonging to aircraft mechanics and service technicians, and the remainder belonging to avionics technicians.
Nearly half of all employees work in air transportation and support activities, while about 21 percent work in aerospace product and parts manufacturing, and about 15 percent work for the federal government. A small number of employees work for companies that operate their own planes.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
, employment of avionics technicians throughout the country is expected to grow by 11 percent by 2018, while overall employment in the industry is anticipated to grow by 7 percent.
Employment of avionics technicians in Dallas
is expected to remain even through 2016 with about 350 workers. Although that means there will be no overall growth in the local industry, there will be about five openings per year due to replacement, according to the Texas Workforce Commission
Throughout Texas, employment should increase
from 2,350 workers during 2006 to 2,800 workers by 2016, resulting in 450 additional jobs and an overall growth rate of 19.10 percent.
The top five industries that employ avionics technicians in Dallas include:
- Electronic and precision equipment repair and maintenance - 28.82 percent
- Scheduled air transportation - 22.05 percent
- Federal government, except education - 21.24 percent
- Aerospace product and parts manufacturing - 15.37 percent
- Support activities for air transportation - 6.47 percent
During 2009, avionics technicians in Dallas earned an average wage of $23.15 per hour, while those throughout Texas earned an average wage of $23.28 per hour and those throughout the nation earned an average wage of $24.20 per hour.
Labels: Dallas tech jobs
Friday, September 24, 2010
Stores Jobs Abound
Present be numerous of chances whilst it gets to stores jobs
The grocery shop industriousness is ofttimes consisting upwardly of supermarkets and convenience shops which firstly deal a smorgasbord of grub and suceeding advertise several not-food things. Withal, at hand has been further insistency on foodstuff depots to adapt and expound to encounter the differing life-style of humankind.
There existed approximately 85,200 foodstuff shop across country throughout 2008, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
. Round 25,900 of these were depot depots, henceforth as small depot but employment a number of the population, they simply establish up 6 percentage of the industry's total trade.
Market shop offered 2.5 mill. trades throughout the commonwealth throughout 2008, tho' 80 percent of organisations utilizing not as much of than 50 workers, though employees 'tween 16 and 24-years aged making upwardly nearly single-one-third of entirely workers.
Cashiers and stock clerks are between the most treasured and productive market depot positions, devising up 51 pct of all jobs inside the industry.
Cashiers, who calculate for 34 pct of market storehouse folks, are creditworthy for scanning substance, accepting clients' payments, and devising coins. Store salesclerk, that make up 17 percentage of employees, are reliable for filling shelves with the storehouse's merchandise and arranging exhibits.
Additional work inside the market shop sector comprise:
- 1st-argumentation directors of retail sales employees - These managers are primarily in charge for looking after employees. Their mission can enclose development; programing; supervising orders, observation, pricing, and stocktaking of material; keeping watch over selling action; and producing reports.
- Department clerical laborers - Individuals comparable as general workplace salesclerk and bookkeeping, accountancy, and scrutinize clerks are reliable for readying and holding books that are required to maintain grocery storage improving and running.
- Slaughter and added animal, fowl, and angle-processing folks - These workers set and ready distinctive grub that clients be after to buy. They're accountable for clipping, wadding, counting, costing, and creating exposes of the food.
- Bakers, chefs and nutrient prep laborers, and grub and beverage helping laborers - Such laborers likewise are in charge for preparing and cooking countless nutrient things for clients, the same as dough, rolls, cakes, cooky, greens, main dishes, and subs.
- Paw people and freight, inventory, and stuff moving - Such workers labor in ware houses and stock rooms to tow material in storehouse and deport them to the store floor, as well as pile up and drop bringing trucks.
- Paw boxer and packaging - Besides known as gratuitous clerks or packer, these people bag material, fill obtained stuff into peoples' cars, and deliver stuff to storehouse ledges.
- General and operations bosses - These supervisors are in commission of making guaranteed that grocery stores are efficient and gainful. They can define store approach, hire and educate workers, explicate selling projects, keep customer and area dealings, handle client questions, and watch depot earnings and decreases.
- Style handler - People in this comparatively fresh field care particular form of objects. They're liable for appraising sales and stocktaking descriptions, marketing courses, and profitability; setting instructions; changing product displays; and readying money.
- Merchandising and selling supervisors - These type of individuals are in charge for producing a selling proposal established on a quantity of trends, sales ideas, village requirements, and client ideas.
A number of additional not as widespread posts include: pharmacy positions; chemist technicians; human resources, expansion, and work dealings specialists; and staff cleaning workers.
Labels: Stores jobs
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Jobs in Denver Benefit from Stimulus
The federal stimulus is being credited with creating thousands of jobs in Denver
A new report from the White House
focuses on seven projects throughout Colorado
that are creating and saving thousands of jobs thanks to funding from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act
"The Recovery Act is helping Colorado's economy by investing in ambitious projects like the redevelopment of Denver Union Station and the expansion of Abound Solar in Longmont," Gov. Bill Ritter
said. "These projects are creating and retaining thousands of jobs, shifting the economy in the right direction and providing long-term benefits
to the people of Colorado."
Colorado is expected to receive a total of at least $7.3 billion from the federal stimulus. A recent report from the Council of Economic Advisers
estimates that the ARRA has created, saved, and indirectly produced 50,000 jobs throughout the state.
The seven projects highlighted in the White House report include:
- Abound Solar facility in Longmont – Has received $400 million to create about 2,000 construction jobs and 1,500 permanent jobs.
- UQM Technologies in Frederick - Has received $45 million to create 230 jobs.
- Redevelopment of Denver Union Station - Has received $28 million to create 7,000 jobs during construction.
- Crossroads Blvd. Interchange at I-25 in Loveland - Has received $3 million to create 84 jobs.
- Energy Efficient Federal Center in Lakewood - Has received $39.4 million to create 40 jobs.
- Crossroads Safehouse in Larimer County - Has received $500,000 to provide job skills, educational services, and transitional housing to domestic violence victims.
- Housing Construction for Seniors and the Disabled in Denver - Has received $10 million to create at least 50 construction and sub-contracting jobs.
Labels: Jobs in Denver
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Houston Medical Jobs Supported by New Research Center
The new center at a local university will help to create and sustain Houston medical jobs
The recently-opened Center for Vital Longevity at the University of Texas at Dallas
will be used to study the aging mind. The center highlights Texas
's growing biomedical technology industry and the state's ability to create innovative and life saving therapies and technologies.
The new center will use cutting-edge brain imaging technology to study how the mind's function changes with age, how to maintain a healthy mind, and how to diagnose and prevent Alzheimer's disease.
Scientists at the Center for Vital Longevity will work closely with researchers from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
to collect data on a new imaging technique that could ultimately prevent Alzheimer's disease.
"Far too many people in Texas and around the world have suffered the pain of watching a family member slip away into Alzheimer's and other cognitive disorders associated with aging," Gov. Rick Perry
said. "This center will help draw researchers committed to the pursuit of better health into a collaborative environment of exploration and discovery that will lead to life-saving ideas."
Perry recognized such programs as the Texas Emerging Technology Fund
for helping to cultivate a culture of innovation throughout the state, helping to develop cutting-edge technologies, and attracting top researchers and money to Texas.
"All of these efforts combine to form a critical mass that is pushing Texas to the forefront of high tech industry
, and will keep us there well into the future," he added.
Labels: Houston medical jobs
Phoenix Jobs Served Up at New Restaurant
A new restaurant set to open this fall is helping to create Phoenix jobs
is looking to hire more than 100 employees in preparation of opening the new restaurant at Biltmore Fashion Park
in October. The company is hiring servers, bartenders, hostesses, line and prep cooks, utility workers, stewards, and musicians.
Anyone who is hired for a full-time position will receive medical, dental, life insurance, and education assistance benefits. After working with the company for an extended period, full-time employees also will be eligible for a 401K match, paid vacation, and discounted stock options.
Seasons 52 began accepting applications on September 13th. Several news sources reported that there was a big turnout that first day, with many people lining up before dawn to make sure they had a chance to apply for one of the jobs.
Job seekers can still apply in person from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the restaurant and applications will be accepted for two weeks or until all of the available positions are filled. Some employers for restaurant jobs may ask you to undergo a criminal check
Even these 100 jobs could make a difference to the Phoenix
area's economy, which saw an unemployment rate of 9.1 during July, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
The Phoenix-Mesa-Glendale area had a total non-farm employment
of 1,665,600 workers during July, which is down from 1,677,600 workers during June, but the same as last year.
If you're a local employer who is looking to hire, check out these great resumes
Labels: Phoenix jobs
Friday, September 10, 2010
Florida Jobs for Veterans Focus of New Website
A new website is working to connect veterans looking for Florida jobs
with employers who have jobs for veterans
State officials recently unveiled Employ Florida Vets
, an online job search portal meant to help veterans find meaningful work. The site helps match military members with the jobs and training opportunities that fit the skills and experience they gained in the military.
"Our courageous veterans are proven, skilled leaders whose integrity and discipline have helped protect the freedoms and opportunities we all enjoy," Gov. Charlie Crist
said. "Employ Florida Vets is the latest example of our commitment to provide the men and women who defended our nation and now call Florida home with enhanced opportunities to find jobs and access training and other resources that will help them be successful in their civilian careers."
Employ Florida Vets is a joint venture among Workforce Florida Inc.
, the Agency for Workforce Innovation
, and Florida's 24 Regional Workforce Boards
. The site was developed through a series of focus group meetings with veterans.
Some highlights of the new job searching website include:
- A unique job searching function that helps veterans find civilian jobs that match the skills they learned in the military.
- Information and advice about writing resumes and finding apprenticeships and jobs suited to their military experience.
- Information about Florida laws that give hiring preference to veterans who apply for public-sector jobs.
- Information about tax incentives for businesses and organizations throughout Florida that hire veterans.
- A centralized job board for employers who want to hire veterans with specialized skills.
- Employers can post jobs through Employ Florida Vets or through their local One-Stop Career Center.
In addition to Employ Florida Vets, the state's One-Stop Career Centers
offer many resources for veterans, including specialized Local Veterans' Employment Representatives
and Disabled Veterans' Outreach Program
staff who can provide referrals.
During 2009, the 92 One-Stop Career Centers throughout Florida
served more than 100,000 veterans, more than 10,000 of whom had recently separated from the Armed Forces.
Florida also has seven regional advocates that help connect military spouses and dependents with new training and employment opportunities through the Military Family Employment Advocacy Program
Labels: florida jobs, Jobs for veterans