All Things Recruiting & Employment
| Free Resume Builder
| Recruiting News
| Outplacement Services
| NYC jobs
| Audio jobs
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Jobs in Austin Area Created by Caterpillar Expansion
One company's plans to expand using state funding will help create jobs in Austin
and the surrounding area.Caterpillar Inc.
recently announced that it will receive $1.175 million from the Texas Enterprise Fund
to expand the company's hydraulic excavation manufacturing plant. The company plans to invest more than $100 million into the project.
The additional funding will allow Caterpillar to create 238 jobs and the expansion
itself will result in the creation of more than 500 jobs. The company currently employs about 2,085 people in Texas. The expansion will double the number of employees making excavators.
"Texas is the best place in the nation to grow your business, and nobody knows that better than the companies that are already here in the Lone Star State," Gov. Rick Perry
said. "This Texas Enterprise Fund investment in Caterpillar will help create good jobs for Texans, and this expansion is proof that our combination of low taxes, reasonable regulations, fair legal system and world-class workforce is working to attract and retain the best employers in the world."
Construction on the 600,000-square-foot facility will begin in September, and once complete, the manufacturing operation will triple the company's current capacity of hydraulic excavators.
Caterpillar saw sales and revenues of $32.4 billion during 2009, making the company the leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, and industrial gas turbines in the world.
Labels: Jobs in Austin
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Thousands of San Antonio Government Jobs Lost
More San Antonio government jobs were lost over the last month than jobs in any other industry. Visit http://sanantonio.jobing.com/cat/government
to learn more.
During July, the unemployment rate in Texas remained at 8.2 percent for the second month in a row, which is lower than the national average of 9.5 percent. The San Antonio
area had an unemployment rate of 7.7 percent during June, but the July rate has yet to be released.
The San Antonio-New Braunfels area had a total non-farm employment of 820,300 workers during July. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
, this is down from 837,100 workers during June, but only a .1 percent drop from last year.
The majority of the monthly employment decline came from the government industry, which lost 6,500 jobs between June and July. The majority of the yearly decrease came from the information industry, which has lost 6.2 percent of its workforce since 2009.
Four other industries lost workers over the month, including: education and health services by 1,100 jobs; professional and business services by 900 jobs; construction by 300 jobs; and information by 200 jobs.
Six other industries saw a yearly decrease in employment during July, including:
- Construction by 3.5 percent
- Other services by 2.2 percent
- Manufacturing by .9 percent
- Trade, transportation and utilities by .6 percent
- Leisure and hospitality by .6 percent
- Education and health services by .2 percent
Employment in the other services industry remained even over the month with 30,700 jobs, while employment in the professional and business services industry remained even over the year with 98,000 workers.
On the positive side, five industries managed to see a monthly increase in employment
, including: trade, transportation and utilities by 400 jobs; financial activities by 300 jobs; leisure and hospitality by 300 jobs; mining and logging by 100 jobs; and manufacturing by 100 jobs.
Only three industries managed to experience a yearly increase in employment during July, including: mining and logging by 5.9 percent, government by 2.6 percent, and financial activities by 1.1 percent.
Labels: San Antonio government jobs
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Criminal Background Laws
When you're a trade seeker or a patronage possessor, prospects are you're to be expected to want to grapple with criminal background (Click here) checks in some approach or another.
Along the agency stand point, criminal history verifications may relieve individuals from becoming object for negligent worker cases and reenforce you discover whatsoever false material a likely candidate imparts in a resume or audience. According to the labor looker stand point, back-ground checks allow anyone to testify your self to your potential boss.
Back ground judgments possibly could transform from determining ones societal security numeral and occupation history to examining respective supplementary tales, in accordance to a description by Privacy Rights Clearinghouse. The federal Fair Credit Reporting Act orders notes is and ideas is not tolerated to be contained in a criminal history verification.
Things that can represent contained in a back-ground confirmation comprise:
- Driving records
- Place owner-ship
- Earlier bosses
- Driving registration
- Instruction records
- Quality references
- Armed forces history
- Private acknowledgments
- Credit history
- Legal history
- Neighbor consultations
- Province authority chronicles
- Jail chronicles
- Illegal stories
- Trade compensation
- Health history
- Drug test records
- Sex wrongdoer lists
A quantity of data which can't be imparted as part of the FCRA comprises:
- Bankruptcies after 10 yrs
- Civic lawsuits, civic discernments and stories of incarceration subsequently 7 twelvemonths
- Paid taxation liens afterward 7 yrs
- Reports situated for collecting afterward 7 yrs
- Further unfit facts, aside from felonious condemnations, subsequently seven yrs
Overall, background assessments are an important segment of the job search work for both corporations and workers. They aid employers find surefooted with their employing conclusion, and if the prospect has not one thing to hide, they might be sure-footed with the result.
Labels: Criminal background
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Dallas Retail Jobs for Supervisors
If you're looking for Dallas retail jobs
and you like to manage others, you may want to consider a position as a sales worker supervisor.
First-line supervisors and managers of retail sales workers are mainly responsible for overseeing other sales workers in their department. They also may be in charge of purchasing, budgeting, accounting, and personnel work. Check out this retail job description
The main requirement for this type of job is experience, whether as a salesperson, cashier, or customer service representative. Although most employers don't require applicants to have a college degree, obtaining one may help you stay ahead of the competition.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
, there were about 2.2 million sales worker supervisor jobs throughout the country during 2008. Of those, about 34 percent were self-employed, and about 48 percent worked in the retail industry.
Nationwide, the number of sales worker supervisors is expected to increase by 5 percent by 2018, from 2,192,300 workers to 2,305,100 workers. The work of these employees will range among everything from food jobs
to clothing store jobs to department store jobs.
Employment in Dallas
is anticipated to grow from 17,600 workers during 2006 to 19,250 workers by 2016, accounting for 1,650 additional jobs and an overall increase of 9.4 percent, according to the Texas Workforce Commission
Throughout Texas, employment
of first-line supervisors and managers of retail sales workers should increase from 140,350 workers during 2006 to 159,100 workers by 2016, making for 18,750 additional jobs and an overall growth rate of 13.4 percent.
The top industries that employ first-line supervisors and managers of retail sales workers include:
- Grocery stores - 9.69 percent
- Gasoline stations - 5.97 percent
- Clothing stores - 5.12 percent
- Building material and supplies dealers - 3.92 percent
- Automobile dealers - 3.80 percent
- Other general merchandise stores - 3.80 percent
- Automotive parts, accessories, and tire stores - 3.56 percent
- Health and personal care stores - 3.13 percent
- Department stores - 2.89 percent
- Non-depository credit intermediation - 2.10 percent
During 2009, the average wage for these supervisors in Dallas was $19.81 per hour, while the average wage throughout Texas was $18.84 per hour and the average wage across the country was $18.81 per hour.
Labels: Dallas retail jobs
Friday, August 06, 2010
Miami Unemployment Rate Continues to Grow
The majority of industries lost local jobs
during June as the Miami unemployment
continued to grow.
During June, the Miami-Miami Beach-Kendall area's unemployment rate increased from 12.3 percent to 12.8 percent after increasing from 11.4 percent during May
. That increase keeps the area's rate well above the June national average of 9.5 percent.
area had a total non-farm employment of 963,400 workers during June, according to the U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics
, which is down from 980,300 workers during May and a 1.1 percent decrease from last year.
Here's a look at how each industry stacked up over the month and year:
- Mining and logging - Remained even over the month and year with 300 jobs.
- Construction - Added 300 jobs over the month, but decreased by 7.5 percent over the year.
- Manufacturing - Lost 100 jobs over the month and dropped by 6.9 percent over the year.
- Trade, transportation and utilities - Decreased by 100 jobs over the month and .9 percent over the year.
- Information - Stayed at 16,600 workers over the month and lost 9.8 percent of jobs over the year.
- Financial activities - Remained even over the month with 60,800 jobs and decreased by 6.7 percent over the year.
- Professional and business services - Increased by 600 jobs over the month and lost .8 percent of its workforce over the year.
- Education and health services - Lost 600 jobs over the month but increased by 2 percent over the year.
- Leisure and hospitality - Added 700 jobs over the month and increased by .3 percent over the year.
- Other services - Stayed at 38,100 jobs over the month and decreased by 3.5 percent over the year.
- Government - Lost 17,700 jobs over the month but increased by 1.1 percent over the year.
Labels: Miami unemployment
Thursday, August 05, 2010
Jobs Denver Encouraged by Colorado Ranking
Anyone wondering what kind of jobs Denver
has to offer should be encouraged by Colorado's most recent ranking.CNBC
recently ranked Colorado
third on its list of the Top States For Business 2010. This marks the second consecutive row that Colorado earned the number three spot and the third year in a row that the state was named in the top five.
States were ranked based on 10 categories, including: cost of doing business; workforce; quality of life; economy
; transportation and infrastructure; technology and innovation; education; business friendliness; access to capital; and cost of living.
Colorado ranked in the top 10 in four different categories, including: second for quality of life, fourth for business friendliness, eighth for economy, and tenth for workforce.
"In these tough times, Colorado continues to create a low-cost environment that supports our businesses, strengthens the economy and grows jobs," Gov. Bill Ritter
said. "We've got one of the best-educated workforces in the country, a competitive spirit and a commitment to innovation that makes us one of the most attractive places for businesses, employees and their families anywhere in America."
The top 10 states included:
- North Carolina
- South Dakota
The 10 worst states for business were:
- Rhode Island
- West Virginia
Labels: Jobs Denver
Tuesday, August 03, 2010
Good Paying Texas Sales Jobs
Whenever you're questioning about what Texas sales jobs (Click here) are provided, there are an endless amount of jobs, although as with any industry sector, a selection of careers shell out added than other jobs.
Most selling positions in TX could increase throughout the nearby future, hence if you're only searching for a job that's undemanding to unearth, lots of sales jobs might meet your requirements.
Let's employ the case of sales managers, a well sought-after selling job, in accordance to the Texas Workforce Commission. Careers of sales managers in Texas are expected to grow from 20,000 individuals in 2006 to 23,700 occupations by 2016, making for 3,700 extra positions and a increment scale of 18.5 percent.
Tho' useable careers for most sales occupations may increment in the future years, a quantity of occupations should permit you to earn a higher fee than other posts. A bunch of selling vacancies impart a beginning compensation and commission, meaning your thorough earning potential would count on how aptly you could promote your ware.
There are several sales vacancies that can conclude in a six-integer pay:
- Advisory sales - Those laborers vocation for organizations that deal their cognition to other companies, resulting in the significant bonuses may go to those who possibly could ground the great contracts. Upon norm, they clear a base remuneration between $120,000 a twelvemonth and $250,000 per yr and possibly could bring in commissions between $25,000 and $3 mill..
- Consumer packaged stuff selling - Laborers in this business commercialize packaged goods to grocery markets. They earn an mean starting wage betwixt $150,000 per twelvemonth and $180,000 a yr and can receive bonuses within $100,000 and $150,000.
- Digital media sales - These people are capable to assist organizations build the changeover from widespread to digital media. They cover with every thing from crafting banners and buttons to optimising lookup engines to administering IP telecasting, video-on-demand and smart phone ware. People take home an mean base compensation among $170,000 a twelvemonth and $180,000 per twelvemonth and may earn commissions within $130,000 and $220,000.
- Medicinal-mechanism selling - This is a illustrious office for people with cognition merchandising devices or payroll services, because bureaus in the checkup machine sphere favor to utilize folks with business-to-business merchandising experience. The medium earnings is between $0 a year and $70,000 a year and individuals can receive commissions betwixt $200,000 and $300,000.
- Outsourcing services - This can encompass sales of such material as call development, authority maintenance, workplace organization, individuals resources or recruitment process outsourcing, payroll and regulation conformity services. Companies repeatedly opt to utilize folks that have knowledge in the business they're merchandising ware to. laborers receive an intermediate wage of $150,000 a twelvemonth to $200,000 a yr and might establish commissions 'tween $200,000 and $500,000.
- Program sales - Individuals in this sector ought recognize however to commingle advisory selling with the just level of opinion, also it helps to receive some it know-how, since you can be marketing anything from recruitment software to accountancy products. Laborers receive an norm wage of $80,000 per twelvemonth to $100 mill. per year and could receive bonuses 'tween $250,000 and $1 million.
- Outset-upward company progress - Such laborers labor to sell kickoff-upward corporations, hence you'll neccesitate to receive talks capacity and a gift for selling it items to a not-technological audience. Employees realize an ordinary wage of $150,000 a twelvemonth and possibly could attain limitless bonuses.
- Tele-communications selling - Laborers in this sector deal telecommunications substance, such as network plus security services, to grand companies. Laborers realise an mean remuneration within $70,000 per twelvemonth to $100,000 per twelvemonth and might get commissions of $100,000 to $200,000.
Labels: Texas sales jobs